Frequently Asked Questions
Dubai Ice Rink has two options. Penguins skate aids designed to help young children to gain confidence with their first steps onto the ice. There are 50 available penguin stability aids for hire. These are hired on a first come, first served basis. It is not possible to book it in advance. We also provide doubled-bladed skates (Bob Skates) providing your child with the sliding sensation whilst having increased stability.
Guests are encouraged to use their own ice skates. Using your own skates will improve your skating experience. Figure and hockey skates can be purchased from our store and staff will advise on the skate suitable for your individual needs.
Lockers are available for customer skating on that session at a cost of AED10 per session plus AED 20 (refundable deposit).
Due to the limited space surrounding the ice rink, we charge AED16. One free of charge adult is allowed in to assist the children with their skates.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable (as per our terms and conditions), so please be sure before you book your tickets.
Water has the uncommon property of expanding when it freezes. If you apply pressure to ice, it melts. So, when the blade presses against the ice, it creates a thin film of water which acts as lubricant, and allows you to slide. When you are skating, you are actually sliding on a thin film of liquid water.
There is a first aid room located near to the management office. In the unlikely event that you or a member of group should need first aid assistance, please alert a member of staff. Everyday a nurse is on site for the peak periods.
We provide safety helmets for children under 1 meter free of charge. For anyone else wishing to use a helmet it’s available for a charge of AED10 from our skate hire counter. Customers are welcome to bring their own protective equipment to use at Dubai Ice Rink should they so desire.
This depending on how frequently you are skating. After you have finished skating you should dry and inspect the blade. Blades that have dulled or have nicks should look to be sharpened. This can be done at our facility.
Children are welcome to skate without their parents. However, children under 5 years old must be accompanied on the ice by a paying adult.
Like any other sport, ice skating has a certain amount of risk to it, but in a supervised environment with marshals.
For Your Safety
Before going on the ice
- Choose a session appropriate to your ability
- Do not skate if you are pregnant
- Do not carry young children or babies on the ice
- Wear gloves and wrap up warm but do not wear scarves, long coats or trailing items the ice
- Do not skate whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Do not use mobile phones or personal stereos on the ice. Either leave them at home, with a spectator or in a locker
- Do not eat food or drink on the ice, or drop litter on the ice
- Do not carry or wear bags on the ice as this may affect your balance. Remove sharp objects from your pockets
- Ensure your skates are fastened correctly
- Please be advised that Strobe Lights are used during Disco Sessions. Skaters who are uncomfortable with such lighting effects should take heed accordingly
On the ice
- Always enter and leave the Ice pad via the gates
- Skate in an anti-clockwise direction
- Do not skate at excessive speeds
- If you do fall over, try and protect your head
- Keep your fingers clenched in a ball
- Please follow the instructions of the marshals and referees who are here to ensure your safety
- When the machine is cleaning the ice, keep off the Ice and behind the barriers
- Do not sit or climb on the barriers
- Do not throw or spray the Ice
- Do not dig holes in the Ice
- No jumping or pushing
- No tag games or whip-changes
- Please be considerate to less able skaters
Anyone failing to follow these guidelines may be removed from the ice and/or Dubai Ice Rink premises. Thank you for your cooperation.